Thursday, November 24, 2011
A Yinzer's Top 10 To Be Thankful For
Thanksgiving is here and to commemorate my favorite holiday of the year I put together a list of a Yinzer's Top 10 Things to be Thankful for. We here in the "Burgh" have a lot to be thankful for and the fact that Pittsburgh always brings people home for the holidays is just one of the many reasons why. Whether you still reside near our Three Rivers or have relocated these are 10 things that anyone with Yinzer blood should appreciate.
10. A free turkey with a minimum grocery purchase at Giant Eagle
9. Wearing an authentic Steelers jersey to Thanksgiving is considered "dressing up"
8. Fall weather and leaves of various colors
7. Primanti's gives us an excuse to take a "break" from heavy eating on Thanksgiving
6. We can say that the Pirates were accused of overpaying players (in the amateurs)
5. We are one of the most storied cities in all of sports
4. Pitt basketball will be on its way to another solid season
3. The return of Sidney Crosby to the Penguins (perfect timing don't you think?)
2. Backyard Brawl (regardless of records and WVU is trash it is a great tradition)
1. Realizing that Pittsburgh is a great place to live especially during the holidays
We here at The Blast Furnace wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!