Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Steelers looking to increase FL membership

Before we start all of the Game 7 talk for tonight, I saw this story online and found it interesting, if not surprising.

Basically, the article states that Head Coach Mike Tomlin (HCMT) and the Steelers are willing to "exhaust all realistic possible scenarios" in which to trade up in order to draft Florida guard / center Mike Pouncey.

This willingness to trade up is contingent on Pouncey's draft status slipping past 15th overall. At this point, the scenario could unfold for the Steelers to move up.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but the Steelers are historically good at moving up in the draft to get the player they want without giving up too much. We will see what this brings Thursday, and I'm looking forward to it.




Mike Pouncey

3 comments:

  1. Please don't mention Santonio Holmes as being a bad draft day move. We won a Super Bowl with him, and he caught the game winning pass. This is also not to mention he was the game's MVP. Therefore, I can't say he was a bad pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care that 'Tone was shipped out of town, but i don't think anyone regrets the trade that originally brought him here.

    Anyways, I don't see this happening. All indications are that Pouncey is going early and Pittsburgh has a big jump to make to get there. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers have something up their sleeves that is completely unexpected and all this speculation just helps them get their mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pouncey brothers anchoring our O line for the next decade would be great. Moving up from 31 to the top 15 would be costly, but the Steelers should be aggressive. If Pouncey is the guy they really want I say go get him.

    ReplyDelete